Wednesday 22 October 2014

Sci-Fi Landscape: Development and Final

Figure 1: Final Sci-Fi Environment

This is the final version of one of my Sci-fi environments.  I think I could have done more with it- tidied up the buildings and pushed the lighting a bit, however the deadline has now been and gone so this is as good as it is gonna get.  Unfortunately I ran out of time to work on my other landscape, so that might be a project for when I get some spare time. 

Here's some work in progress imagery:

Figure 2: Original Render

So the originally idea for this scene came from this original render.  I looked at the fake islands enclosed in a bubble and wondered what type of world something like this would exist in.  Of course- a dreary futuristic world where growing plants on the earth surface is no longer an option!


Figure 3: WIP 1
I wanted to emphasize this bubble so it would stand out from the sky.  Because of the idea behind this world the ground and sky would both be very smoggy.

Figure 4: WIP 2

Figure 5: WIP 3
The bubble would obviously need to be access through vehicle use, so I decided on little airstrips built onto the sides of watchtowers.

Figure 6: WIP 4







No comments:

Post a Comment