Wednesday 22 October 2014

Photo Manipulation: Cyborg or Android

I started out by taking a variety of photos of anything I saw nearby that could be used on my cyborg.

Figure 1: Assets
Then I chose one of the 3 non-blurry photos I had managed to take of myself while trying to do the pixie manipulation.  I chose this one as you can see most of my arms, giving me plenty of are to play with.
Figure 2: Me
I played around with some design roughs, but eventually decided to go with a clean, simple design.

Figure 3: Design roughs 1

Figure 4: Design Roughs 2

Figure 5: Design Roughs 3

Figure 6: Design Roughs 4

Figure 7: Final Design WIP

After finalising my design (I only ended up using one of my photos!) I started working on a background.   I wanted clean lines and slick surfaces to match my cyborg design so I used a combination of Maya and Photoshop, and create some subtle variations.

Figure 8: Cyborg Backgrounds

I think the two bottom variations are the nicest.  I like the cleanness of the first one but this is very similar to how I handled the Pixie manipulation.  In the second the background is still relatively subtle but feels overpowering towards the front. The line of the background also cuts straight across my shoulders- which to me looks a little weird.    Here they are in better quality:

Figure 9: White out background

Figure 10: Glow-y background




No comments:

Post a Comment