Monday 22 September 2014

Puzzle Planning

For this assignment we need to create a family friendly puzzle.

First I needed to come up with an idea.  I thought first about the kind of puzzles i had enjoyed as a child.  My favourites were always those that depicted animals or fantastical scenes, so I decided to build upon these themes.

Figure 1: Puzzle Brainstorm

After this I started out by drawing some rough thumbnails.  One of the ideas I had when thinking about harmonious scenes was the tea party.  To develop this further I thought it could be quite an interesting idea to show a dragon relaxing from castle guarding duty with a tiny little tea cup and saucer.

I was also really interested in interactions between characters so I tried to also integrate this in, but continue with the same quirky theme.  I drew a group of sheep trying to have a tea party- an idea I found incredibly amusing when I thought about how difficult it would be to hold tea cups with their feet.

Figure 2: Puzzle Idea Thumbnails

I wanted to explore a few more fantasy ideas so in my other thumbnails I explored ideas like human flight (steampunk wings), treehouses, and a surreal dream-scape with elephant shaped clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment